Leaf peepers will find the region a stunning specimen with acres of unspoiled land showcasing the season’s signature hues. Simply getting in the car and driving down back roads can will deliver an eye-full, but we’d also suggest these destinations for the top color displays.
- Longwood Gardens is known for its manicured gardens, but the vast majority of this stunning park is actually more natural fields, meadows, and woods. Pick a trail and meander – we think the view from the Love Temple by the lake in Pierce’s Woods is worth the walk.
- Fan of reflection photos? Head to Marsh Creek State Park, where you can walk to the water and enjoy a picturesque view of the trees beyond. For even better views of the lake and landscape, rent a boat – rentals are available weekends through October, weather permitting.
- To just get back to nature for a bit, hit the 40+ miles of trails available at French Creek State Park. Views of the creek, lake, and valley below are sure to please.
If you can tear yourself away from the scenery, enjoy the harvest with these special regional celebrations:
- Get lost in the Hurricane Hill Corn Maze, a five-acre adventure. New this year are the Pumpkin Jump and Tire Course!
- Enjoy the foliage during Hayrides at Hagley, where a charming ride along the Brandywine showcases the colors in the Powder Yard. Fall-themed crafts and live demonstrations of the museum’s roll mill and other 19th-century machines are included.
- Savor the wine harvest season at Chaddsford Winery’s fall events. Live music, a Food Truck Competition and seasonal food and wine pairings are just some of the autumn line up.
- Do the time warp right into Chester County when Uptown! Knauer Performing Arts Center, a stunning classic venue in West Chester, presents The Rocky Horror Picture Show on October 30. Come in costume, of course.
- And Phoenixville’s Historic Colonial Theatre features a hilariously scary movie – Young Frankenstein on October 29.
- Book your stay at one of the many welcoming accommodations in Chester County’s Brandywine Valley, a warm autumn adventure awaits!