Dipping temps make for rising spirits in the Brandywine Valley. Whether you adore the calm of a snow-dusted vista or prefer the creature comforts of a roaring fire and cheerful carols, there’s a winter celebration in Chester County that is sure to warm your heart and soul.
The Brandywine Valley’s top area attractions know how to deck the halls with the best of them. Stop by one of these already beautiful destinations to see them in full Christmas splendor.
- Enjoy stunning decorations and classic hospitality as your spend the holidays in Henry duPont’s stunning estate with Yuletide at Winterthur. Starting November 18, decorations feature traditional American vignettes set against the backdrop of this magnificent estate.
- At A Longwood Christmas kicking off November 23, celebrate with a French – inspired tableau of topiaries, crystal – draped holiday trees and thousands of poinsettias in the Conservatory. Outside strolling carolers fill the air with holiday music while fountains dance and over a half-million lights brighten the crisp winter nights.
- A Brandywine Christmas begins November 24, and the museum celebrates with period holiday fun like an O-gauge model train display, rare antique dolls dressed in beautiful clothing, and thousands of whimsical, nature-inspired decorations.
Get into the holiday spirit as you welcome the season with special performances, events, and fun throughout the Brandywine Valley.
- Grab a spot along Market Street in downtown West Chester on December 1 to welcome the big man himself, Santa Claus, during the QVC West Chester Christmas Parade.
- Pick up handmade, nature-inspired ornaments at the Brandywine River Museum’s annual Critter Sale November 30 -December 3 – perfect for decorating your tree or giving as special gifts.
- The National Iron & Steel Museum celebrates with a Holiday Open House on December 8, featuring carolers, refreshments, model trains, and beautifully decorated, candle-lit grounds.
- Make it a Victorian Christmas at Historic Sugartown on December 9. Kids will enjoy hands-on crafts and cookie making, plus a visit with Santa himself.
- Santa ditches the sleigh and arrives in style at SantaFest at the American Helicopter Museum December 9. Sign up for a ride in a copter, too!
- Cross off everyone on your holiday shopping list when you scoop up one-of-a-kind gifts in Chester County’s charming downtowns.