Sure you want to have fun, but do you always want to pay for it? Nope. Me neither. Some of the best places around Chester County offer free recreation, hiking trails, and educational opportunities. Some are even great ways to meet people and get to know your community even better! I have to say Chester County always has something going on, and here’s a list of activities that won’t break the bank. So, grab your favorite companion (maybe that’s just you), and stop by!
*Due to COVID restrictions, please be sure to visit each locations’ website for amended hours/event times.
– Scope out some local wildlife at Harmony Hill Nature Area, Downingtown
– Take on some orienteering at Springton Manor Farm, Glenmoore
– Learn about Colonial Industry at Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site, Elverson
– Fishing and great photo ops at Hibernia Park, Coatesville
– Take a hike (or two) at Marsh Creek State Park, Pennsylvania, Downingtown
– Pick up some local produce or sample local honey at Downingtown Farmers Market at Kerr Park, Downingtown
– Learn about American Engineering at the American Helicopter Museum & Education Center, West Chester
– Get your “hops” on and take a tour of Victory Beer, Downingtown
– Explore Revolutionary War history at Brandywine Battlefield Historic Site, Chadds Ford
– Spend some time where “where sky meets water” at Welkinweir, Glenmoore
Check out more blogs by Tammi Garner at www.LivingChesterCounty.com